Guide to Hiring Marquees
The following points should help you with the planning of your marquee event and will help us provide you with a more accurate quotation:
- Number of Guests
- Type of Event
- Where in the country is the marquee to take place?
- Ideally a flat site is required, preferably on grass, although any level surface can be used (specialist flooring is available to deal with sloping or uneven sites).
- Direct vehicle access for lorries (minimum size of 7.5t) is required where possible. Consideration should be given to the distance between the lorry and the site, for example, does the equipment require to be carried round the house?
- It is possible to provide a marquee to sites without vehicle access but there would be additional costs.
Number of Guests Attending
- Consider the number of guests using the marquee and does it differ throughout the event e.g. additional wedding evening guests.
- Is the layout to be Concert/Theatre style?
- Is the layout to be dining style with guests seated at tables?
- Are all guests to be fully seated at the same time?
In planning your event you need to give consideration as to how the marquee is going to be used:
- Is an area for dancing required?
- Is a mingling area or drinks reception area required?
- If you are hosting a wedding – will the ceremony also take place within the marquee?
- Will space be required for a bar?
- Will there be any element of buffet service and thus space for buffet tables within the function area is required?
- Do your caterers require a service area attached to the marquee?
- Do you require any walkways or links to buildings incorporated? Often these have to be subject to a site visit.
In most cases a wooden floor will be required but dependent on the type of event you may wish to consider including a carpet. A large range of colours are available in event carpet, which is used once and then disposed of. Find out more about our Marquee Flooring.
Dependent on the type of event you are organising you may wish to include internal lining. For wedding marquees and other high profile events we include a pleated ivory lining as part of the standard package. Find out more about Internal Linings for Marquees.
Heating is included in the majority of marquee quotations as standard – and there will be no additional charges for heating fuel unless they are used.
Types of lighting are dependent on the type of function you are organising. Our standard lighting is a modern white globe chandelier but there are a wide range of options available. See our Marquee Interiors page for a full breakdown.
Water and Electricity (Utilities)
- Is there a nearby power source that can be utilised? If not then we can arrange generators and the necessary power distribution.
- Is water available for use by caterers?
Do you need additional toilets and if so would you prefer luxury self-contained trailer units or individual chemical toilets? Find out more about Marquee Toilets for Hire.